Greenstreet Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Greenstreet games froggies . faulty games

2 posters

Go down

Greenstreet games froggies . faulty games Empty Greenstreet games froggies . faulty games

Post  moosefleming Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:46 am

i purchased froggies new recently. i cannot get this game to run. i have a new dell inspiron laptop + vista . great games but i am not going to another greetstreet game if they are faulty . moosefleming. IS THYERE A REMEDY OR ANY RECOURSE OR SUPPORT. SUPPORT STRUCTURE SEEMS CUMBERSOME . IF I DONT GET A REMEDY I WILL DELETE ALL TO DO WITH GREENSTREET AND BURN THE DVD

moosefleming

Back to top Go down

Greenstreet games froggies . faulty games Empty Re: Greenstreet games froggies . faulty games

Post  Bart Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:06 am

Could you tell me a bit more about what is wrong.
Does the game install OK? Does it not startup? Does it give any error messages?

It is quite an old game which can occasionally have problems running on Vista. There are various things you can try to get it working on your computer:
  • Run it in Compatibility Mode:
    Right click on the shortcut to the game.
    Click "Properties"
    Click on the "Compatibility" tab.
    Tick the box "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and try selecting "Windows 98/ME"
  • Run it as administrator:
    Right click on the shortcut to the game
    Click "Run as Administrator" (if this works then the is a box on the "Compatibility" tab mentioned above which will make the program always run as administrator)

Apologies if we are too cumbersome to get support from, needs have meant that we are now doing support up on this forum rather than via email as before.

*Disclaimer I wouldn't recommend setting light to CDs or DVDs they aren't particularly nice when the melt.*
Bart
Bart
GSO Employee
GSO Employee

http://greenstreet-online.com

Back to top Go down

Greenstreet games froggies . faulty games Empty Re: Greenstreet games froggies . faulty games

Post  moosefleming Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:47 pm

Many thanks Bart. Good advice re fire. Perhaps a tad sharpish this side.
Appreciate ur assistance.
However , not being smart , having bought the dvd recent and paid up for it id expect it to work easily.

The FROGGIES DVD indicates its windows 95/98/me/2000/xp compatable
It does not say Vista . Perhaps as u say this is the problem.Old age.

I tried running as admin . Didnt work tho.
I will try as u say alternatively above and revert if ok with u.

moosefleming

Back to top Go down

Post  moosefleming Mon Oct 12, 2009 1:52 pm

Bart

Does the game install OK? It does install . I it shows when i press the start button , when i press the frog nothing happens.

Does it not startup? not at all . not a beep.

Does it give any error messages? as follows
Alert
in module file I/O
could not open file .
RESOURCE.DAT

Thanks

moosefleming

Back to top Go down

Post  Bart Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:02 am

Oh goody, I do always like some of the old products we acquired.

Just managed to replicate the problem.

The workaround:
Plug in a set of speakers or headphone (to make it start), and then run the program as administrator (to let it run in full screen).

The phrase "What?!?!" springs to my mind as well.
Bart
Bart
GSO Employee
GSO Employee

http://greenstreet-online.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down