Greenstreet Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Loading Office Games onto Windows 7

2 posters

Go down

Loading Office Games onto Windows 7 Empty Loading Office Games onto Windows 7

Post  soulmate Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:45 pm

Hi all, Having just up graded with a new PC which runs Windows 7 we can't play our favourite solitare games from our Office Games CD. We looked around at others but none come up to scratch with the games and foremat that Office Games give us. I've followed the instructions and advice on the forum but I end up with a window that tells me that it cannot play because the program is 32 bit and Windows 7 runs 64 bit, whatever that means. As you can probably tell I'm not the type thats at the forefront of computer wizardry so I would really appreciate any help and guidance to get us up and running again. Here's hopefully . Soulmate.

soulmate

Back to top Go down

Loading Office Games onto Windows 7 Empty Re: Loading Office Games onto Windows 7

Post  Bart Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:15 pm

Windows should automatically run 32 bit programs correctly on 64 bit machines. Could you tell us what you have done so far and what the full error message is (with a screenshot if possible)

P.S. What it means when it is taking about 32 or 64 bit is the size of the largest number that your computer can process in one go (2 to the power of 32 or 2 to the power of 64). Up until quite recently most computers were 32 bit, but these days most are 64. But as I say Windows should be able to automatically run programs designed for 32 bit computers on a 64 bit computer.
Bart
Bart
GSO Employee
GSO Employee

http://greenstreet-online.com

Back to top Go down