Greenstreet Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Copying and pasting from greenstreet to word publisher???

2 posters

Go down

Copying and pasting from greenstreet to word publisher??? Empty Copying and pasting from greenstreet to word publisher???

Post  secrets Sat Mar 20, 2010 5:52 am

I have created a 32 page catalogue using greenstreet edition 3.13 but my printer/publisher is unable to print the catalogue as he has a different version. I am now in the process of copying all the information onto a word publisher document but it is very time consuming as the simple copy/paste facility is not allowed....what can I do??? Please help as the deadline is looming!!!!
Angela

secrets

Back to top Go down

Copying and pasting from greenstreet to word publisher??? Empty Re: Copying and pasting from greenstreet to word publisher???

Post  Bart Sat Mar 20, 2010 7:03 am

If your printer/publisher is not going to be making any changes to the document, just printing it, then I would suggest converting the document to a PDF file. Most printers prefer well formatted PDF files as it is a standard format with the option to have objects like fonts embedded which reduces possible issues.

There are a number of free PDF print driver which will let you "print" your document to a PDF file.
Standard disclaimer :- I'm not recommending any of these professionally, but various examples of free PDF print drivers you might want to look at:
Bart
Bart
GSO Employee
GSO Employee

http://greenstreet-online.com

Back to top Go down

Copying and pasting from greenstreet to word publisher??? Empty Re: Copying and pasting from greenstreet to word publisher???

Post  secrets Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:09 am

I do prefer to use microsoft though as my version of greenstart shits down all the time and i still have 60 or so more pages to do...
If I do convert what I have done on Greenstart to a PDF filer, could it be then transferred back into a microsoft publisher document for me to continue working on it?
Many thanks

secrets

Back to top Go down

Post  Bart Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:21 am

Not really.

OpenOffice has an extension which lets you import PDF and there are plenty of PDF editors out there, but I don't know of any way to get things into MS Publisher (like a lot of companies, Microsoft, tend to try to stop you using any other program by making it difficult to import or export from other companies products. Unfortunately Greenstreet was in much of the same mind set)

Sorry.

You can merge PDFs so the first 32 pages can come from Greenstreet Publisher and then you can merge in the remaining 60 odd pages.
Bart
Bart
GSO Employee
GSO Employee

http://greenstreet-online.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down