Greenstreet Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Publisher 5 Ultimate won't open Pressworks 2 files.

3 posters

Go down

Publisher 5 Ultimate won't open Pressworks 2 files. Empty Publisher 5 Ultimate won't open Pressworks 2 files.

Post  ajb42114 Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:46 pm

G'day!

I have just purchased P5U and have found that it is unable to open my Pressworks 2 files; is this an error/bug or is this in fact correct.

The message I get is "This file cannot be opened".

Regards

Anthony

ajb42114

Back to top Go down

Publisher 5 Ultimate won't open Pressworks 2 files. Empty Publisher 5 / Pressworks files

Post  spawley Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:14 am

Certainly not a bug - I've just had the same experience!

We need some info from Greenstreet - the message isn't helpful because it doesn't say why it can't be opened.

NOTICE that the thumbnails of the documents clearly show they are recognised at some level, so why won't they open and what can we do about it? The product is marketed with the comment that all old dtp files will open using it!

spawley

Back to top Go down

Publisher 5 Ultimate won't open Pressworks 2 files. Empty Publisher 5 Ultimate won't open Pressworks 2 files.

Post  ajb42114 Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:34 am

spawley wrote:Certainly not a bug - I've just had the same experience!

We need some info from Greenstreet - the message isn't helpful because it doesn't say why it can't be opened.

NOTICE that the thumbnails of the documents clearly show they are recognised at some level, so why won't they open and what can we do about it? The product is marketed with the comment that all old dtp files will open using it!

Well spotted on that thumbnails issue! Very Happy I think it's a shame that we can't get REAL support rather than having to go through this forum.

What happened to sending an email to a support team? Crying or Very sad

ajb42114

Back to top Go down

Publisher 5 Ultimate won't open Pressworks 2 files. Empty Re: Publisher 5 Ultimate won't open Pressworks 2 files.

Post  Bart Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:13 am

Publisher 5 should definitely be able to open Publisher 2 files, it was tested on our test document set which included files from every version from when the product was first released.

I will send a few emails and see if we can get something sorted asap.
Bart
Bart
GSO Employee
GSO Employee

http://greenstreet-online.com

Back to top Go down

Publisher 5 Ultimate won't open Pressworks 2 files. Empty Re: Publisher 5 Ultimate won't open Pressworks 2 files.

Post  ajb42114 Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:39 pm

G'day Bart

Thanks for that.

Bart wrote:Publisher 5 should definitely be able to open Publisher 2 files, it was tested on our test document set which included files from every version from when the product was first released.

I will send a few emails and see if we can get something sorted asap.

Would you like me to send one of my files to you to see if the problem lies there? As previously noted, however, the thumbnail does show.

Regards

Anthony Very Happy

ajb42114

Back to top Go down

Post  spawley Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:10 pm

The same offer applies from me. Should you need to contact me, order WS-24257 – 21/12/09 should find my contact details in your system.

My full details: files created in Prssworks 2.5 - now trying to read them using Publisher 5 ultimate with Win 7 64-bit. Programme works fine and old Pressworks files show as Publisher ones. Thumbnails show a clear image of the document. However, none of them will open.

spawley

Back to top Go down

Post  Bart Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:56 pm

Our technical team have found the problem, apparently the new Microsoft compiler (which converts the human readable code into something the computer can understand) did what it should do rather than what the developer who wrote the Publisher 2.x conversion code (who left many years ago) had intended it to do and what previous compilers had done.

Hopefully the update will released within the next week via the automatic updates.

Apologies for the inconvenience.
Bart
Bart
GSO Employee
GSO Employee

Back to top Go down

Post  spawley Mon Jan 18, 2010 3:06 pm

Thank you. Microsoft strikes again!

spawley

Back to top Go down

Post  ajb42114 Tue Jan 19, 2010 3:16 am

Thanks from me too. Looking forward to the fix. Very Happy cheers

ajb42114

Back to top Go down

Publisher 5 Ultimate won't open Pressworks 2 files. Empty Still no update?

Post  spawley Tue Jan 26, 2010 9:48 am

Is this correct - still awaiting the update?

spawley

Back to top Go down

Publisher 5 Ultimate won't open Pressworks 2 files. Empty Still waiting!!!

Post  ajb42114 Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:35 pm

Yep, still waiting here. The wheels of code fixes seem to turn very sloooooooooowly. Mad

ajb42114

Back to top Go down

Post  Bart Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:11 pm

Sorry it is taking stupidly long to get the patch out.
Apparently a couple of the technical team are away due to personal bereavement, so they have been very short staffed.

Hopefully, I will pop into the office after I finish work (I've just started a new job yesterday, see this thread) later this week to issue the update myself.
Bart
Bart
GSO Employee
GSO Employee

Back to top Go down

Post  Bart Thu Feb 04, 2010 4:12 pm

The automatic update has been released.

If you go under the Help menu select "Check for Updates..."

Hopefully this should fix the problem.
Bart
Bart
GSO Employee
GSO Employee

Back to top Go down

Publisher 5 Ultimate won't open Pressworks 2 files. Empty Publisher 5 Ultimate update

Post  ajb42114 Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:23 pm

Bart wrote:The automatic update has been released.

If you go under the Help menu select "Check for Updates..."

Hopefully this should fix the problem.

The fix works fine; thanks for that. Very Happy

ajb42114

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down