Greenstreet Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Publisher 5 - recently opened files

2 posters

Go down

Publisher 5 - recently opened files Empty Publisher 5 - recently opened files

Post  steve44 Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:30 pm

How do I delete or cut down the recently used files list in Publisher 5
I ask because I have a problem with Publisher 5 just hanging up when I am working on one file and want to open open another file. I have to go into Task Manager (Cont+Alt+Del) to get out of the hang up and start again with reopening Publisher 5.
I also find that opening up a file from the Recently Used Files process very very slow. It is not possible to move to the Browse menu from that situation.

This was not a problem with Publisher 4 which I had been using since it materialised some years ago, until I thought a a good idea to upgrade to Publisher 5 recently at great expense just a month or so ago.
Is my problem one of an over sized recently used file list or is there a more fundamental probelm with Publisher 5 which needs to be addressed.

PS I recently made a large DTP book of 10 A3 pages and 220 pictures in Publisher 4 without difficulty.

steve44

Back to top Go down

Publisher 5 - recently opened files Empty recently opened files

Post  nsupersonic Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:20 am

Make sure firstly in whatever version of windows you have that 'show hidden files is selected' in the view option for folders etc ; also that publisher is NOT running

then make your way to this directory.

C:/users/.... your windows user name entered here ../appdata/roaming/publisher/recentlyused/

delete the contents of that folder only - then restart publisher

If that does not work - then move your created publisher files to a new folder and each time after that you try to use the recent file list in Publisher's file menu(not the opening dialog); an error code(' the location comes up not found'); it will be automatically removed from that list. Do this until the list is empty
It may be pain to do it this way, but I use both methods all the time - since Pressworks! and it WORKS !!

regards
Nsupersonic Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

nsupersonic

Back to top Go down

Publisher 5 - recently opened files Empty Recently openedef files in Publisher 5

Post  steve44 Sun Mar 21, 2010 2:00 pm

Many thanks to Nsupersonic
Found more than 60 files in Recently Opened Files in Apps Data previously hidden files.
Cleared these and now Publisher 5 is fully up to speed.
Steve44

steve44

Back to top Go down

Publisher 5 - recently opened files Empty Re: Publisher 5 - recently opened files

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down