Greenstreet Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Publisher 4.6 Does Not Print to Adobe PDF Printer Correctly

2 posters

Go down

Publisher 4.6 Does Not Print to Adobe PDF Printer Correctly Empty Publisher 4.6 Does Not Print to Adobe PDF Printer Correctly

Post  Robert Gullo Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:07 pm

I have been a greenstreet customer since the 80's when I purchased Publish It for the Apple IIe and I have been upgrading since that time . . .

I am presently a registered user of Publisher 4.2 Gold Edition and I just upgraded to Publisher 4.6 Business.

I created a new document in Publisher 4.6 on a Vista Platform.

When I print the document to: Adobe PDF Printer that came with Adobe Acrobat Professional 7.0 on my computer running Microsoft Vista - the document print to a TXT file with Error Message.

When I print the document to: Adobe PDF Printer that came with Adobe Acrobat Professional 7.0 on two other computers running Microsoft XP - only the first six (6) pages of thirteen (13)print and the top of page 7.

When I "Preview" the document - the entire documents looks perfect.

Any assistance that you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Robert Gullo

Back to top Go down

Publisher 4.6 Does Not Print to Adobe PDF Printer Correctly Empty Re: Publisher 4.6 Does Not Print to Adobe PDF Printer Correctly

Post  Bart Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:32 am

Have you tried printing the same document to a different printer (if you did not want to physically print the document you could try printing to the built-in Microsoft XPS Document Printer - which produces a document similar to PDF)?

I know Adobe don't support for Acrobat Professional 7 on Windows Vista because of a large number of known issues, but that doesn't explain why it doesn't work on the Windows XP machines (one of our standard testing sets for our products is Adobe PDF printer on XP so I know that does work at least in our tests)

If the document does print correctly to a different printer then it is likely to be an incorrect setting for the Adobe PDF Printer. If the document doesn't print on a different printer or if it takes an exceedingly long time to print, then please say and we will have a look at the document itself for you.
Bart
Bart
GSO Employee
GSO Employee

http://greenstreet-online.com

Back to top Go down

Publisher 4.6 Does Not Print to Adobe PDF Printer Correctly Empty Publisher 4.6 Does Not Print to Adobe PDF Printer Correctly

Post  Robert Gullo Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:21 am

The document (sent by separatee-mail) will not print to Adobe Acrobat Professional 7.0 PDF Printer on two (2) different computer running Microsoft XP.

The same document prints correctly to:

Microsoft XPS Document Writer on Vista

Microsoft Office Document Image Writer on Vista

I am not able to print any Publisher 4.6 documents to Adobe Acrobat Professional 7.0 PDF Printer on Vista – instead of the document printing to a PDF file – an error message shows up in Microsoft Word Pad (see attached) that makes mention of:

“Error accessing color profile: U.S. Web Coated (SWOP) v2”

It appears that there may be two (2) separate problems:

One (1) related to Vista – Document not printing at all to Adobe Acrobat Professional 7.0 PDF Printer – something to do with color profile.

One (1) related to XP Professional – Document only printing 7 of 13 pages.

Thanking you in advance for your assistance with this problem . . .

Robert Gullo

Back to top Go down

Publisher 4.6 Does Not Print to Adobe PDF Printer Correctly Empty Re: Publisher 4.6 Does Not Print to Adobe PDF Printer Correctly

Post  Bart Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:05 pm

The problem on Vista is due to Adobe Acrobat Professional 7 not working on Vista. Unfortunately Adobe have said that they wont be patching the product, and I don't know of any work-round for it.
So, unfortunately, for Vista you will either have to upgrade to version 8 or 9 of Acrobat, or there are a number of free PDF print driver which work in the same way but do run on Vista.
Standard disclaimer :- I'm not recommending any of these professionally, but various examples of free PDF print drivers you might want to look at:

Still unsure about the problem on XP.
Have you sent the document?
Bart
Bart
GSO Employee
GSO Employee

http://greenstreet-online.com

Back to top Go down

Publisher 4.6 Does Not Print to Adobe PDF Printer Correctly Empty Publisher 4.6 Does Not Print to Adobe PDF Printer Correctly on XP

Post  Robert Gullo Sun Aug 30, 2009 3:32 am

Thanks for the work-around for Vista.

I sent the file as an attachment to the "Notify me when a reply is posted" e-mail message that I received - please let me know if i should se-send it.

Thanks

Robert Gullo

Back to top Go down

Post  Robert Gullo Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:49 am

Bart:

Still having the same problem - sent the file again to:board@forumotion.com

Thanks

Robert Gullo

Robert Gullo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down