Greenstreet Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Typing Instructor Deluxe 10 and Windows 7

2 posters

Go down

Typing Instructor Deluxe 10 and Windows 7 Empty Typing Instructor Deluxe 10 and Windows 7

Post  byrik Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:49 am

I want to dust off my copy of Typing Instructor Deluxe 10 and brush up my skills. However I am about to move to Windows 7. Can I expect the program to work with the standard version? If not, then will it work under the XP mode of Windows 7 Professional?
Thanks.

byrik

Back to top Go down

Typing Instructor Deluxe 10 and Windows 7 Empty Re: Typing Instructor Deluxe 10 and Windows 7

Post  Bart Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:02 am

As far as I know no testing has been done to see if Typing Instructor Deluxe 10 will work on Windows 7.

My guess would be that most things will work, but it will need to be run as administrator (i.e. right click on the shortcut select "Run as Administrator"). If not then running it in XP Compatibility mode should almost certainly work.

Post back if you do have any problems.
Bart
Bart
GSO Employee
GSO Employee

http://greenstreet-online.com

Back to top Go down

Typing Instructor Deluxe 10 and Windows 7 Empty The next step

Post  byrik Mon Mar 01, 2010 7:45 am

Upgrade was delayed, but I now have it and this version of Typing Instructor does appear to need XP compatibility mode. It then seems to run OK though I have yet to do much with it as my upgraded anti-virus now reports the file fishin.exe that has been installed as being a trojan and has quarantined it. I am, I hope understandably, cautious as it is not unheard of for suppliers to obtained code from a third parties and unwittingly circulated trojans with it. Is this a real problem or just a false positive?
Thanks
Bob

byrik

Back to top Go down

Typing Instructor Deluxe 10 and Windows 7 Empty Re: Typing Instructor Deluxe 10 and Windows 7

Post  Bart Mon Mar 01, 2010 2:25 pm

That's good news it works in XP mode.

I would think it is a false positive. All products that go under the greenstreet name are always tested with at least 3 different anti-virus scanner before we release them.

If you want to be sure, there is Virus Total http://www.virustotal.com/ which lets you check the file with about 20 different anti-virus scanners or most companies providing anti-virus software will have some way of submitting a file to have it fully checked.
Bart
Bart
GSO Employee
GSO Employee

http://greenstreet-online.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down