Greenstreet Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Will Typing Instructor for Kids work on Windows 7?

2 posters

Go down

Will Typing Instructor for Kids work on Windows 7? Empty Will Typing Instructor for Kids work on Windows 7?

Post  redpanthers Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:53 pm

I have the 2006 version of Typing Instructor for Kids, which states it is for Windows 98/ME/2000/XP. However I have just installed Windows 7 from scratch on my PC. Is it possible to install and load the Typing Instructor on Windows 7, and if so how. Thanks.

Last edited by redpanthers on Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Mis-spelled something.)

redpanthers

Back to top Go down

Will Typing Instructor for Kids work on Windows 7? Empty Re: Will Typing Instructor for Kids work on Windows 7?

Post  Bart Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:13 am

Yes and no.
It is possible to run, but with various issues and fudges.

To get it to install you should run the setup.exe manually, as the launcher can have problems.
If you go "Start", then type in the Run/Search box
D:\setup.exe
(where D is the letter of the CD drive)

You will need to plug a set of speakers into your computer, otherwise it will crash.

The help files are in the old format so you will need to download WinHelp from Microsoft if you want to use the help files.

Version 3 and 4 (2007 and 2009 editions) of the program don't have any of these problems, but...
Bart
Bart
GSO Employee
GSO Employee

http://greenstreet-online.com

Back to top Go down