Greenstreet Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Install Professor Teaches and Professor Answer

2 posters

Go down

Install Professor Teaches and Professor Answer Empty Install Professor Teaches and Professor Answer

Post  Bunito Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:15 pm

Hi Support,

I Use the CD Windows Vista Home Premium for the first eime today, on Autoplay I hade 2 options Install P.Teaches and below Install P.Answers...
as I installed by mistake first P. Answers and afterwards P.Teaches I got a message later on saying P.Answer can't work due need first installed P.Teaches.
I uninstalled bouth totally and when I put the CD in the driver again on Autoplay I have NO more the Options to Reinstall !! How can I get them back everytime I need to reinstall it on the computer ? ? I did register already and have my account logins as well.
I whent to My computer - D: Setup and manage to Reinstall P.Teaches but P.Answer is not on the CD anymore...How can I get it back ??

It is urgent please as I want to use my days off to watch the course,

Thank you, Andre.

Bunito

Back to top Go down

Install Professor Teaches and Professor Answer Empty Re: Install Professor Teaches and Professor Answer

Post  Bart Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:20 am

Apologies for taking a few days to reply.

We can't replicate the problem at all, when the programs are uninstalled they should always reset the autorun screen to let you install the program.
As you've found the workaround is just to run the setup.exe directly from the CD.
Professor Teaches Vista... is D:\setup.exe
and
Professor Answers is D:\prfans\setup.exe

where "D" is the letter of the CD drive.
Bart
Bart
GSO Employee
GSO Employee

http://greenstreet-online.com

Back to top Go down

Install Professor Teaches and Professor Answer Empty Professor Answers not working

Post  Bunito Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:53 am

Hi Bart, and Thank you very much for your responce.

I uninstalled Professor Teaches and Reinstalled Professor Teaches Vista... is D:\setup.exe and Professor Answers is D:\prfans\setup.exe and still get the same message box when I try to open Professor Answers after Professor Teaches is already open and runing = You must have at least one Professor Teaches course installed before you use Professor Answers.

pale As I already got PTeaches installed what could it be ?

Thanks

A. Bunito.

Bunito

Back to top Go down

Install Professor Teaches and Professor Answer Empty Re: Install Professor Teaches and Professor Answer

Post  Bart Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:29 am

Could you give me some more details about your computer:
Operating system (including 32 or 64 bit)
Processor
What type of user account you are running the installation and running the program as (i.e. Standard user / Administrator)

Also could you post to contents of the serialno.txt file on the CD.

There is something really strange going on.
Would I be correct in thinking that if you insert your CD now the autorun will offer you the option of "Install Professor Teaches Vista..." as opposed to "Run Professor Teaches Vista..."?
Bart
Bart
GSO Employee
GSO Employee

Back to top Go down

Install Professor Teaches and Professor Answer Empty Professor Answers not working II

Post  Bunito Thu Sep 24, 2009 6:09 pm

Hi Bart,

Here are the details you asked me:

PC= Processor Intel Core2Duo CPU T7500 @ 2.2Ghz, 2.20 GHz HD 320GB - 4Gb Memory Ramm, 32 bit Operating System. Windows Vista Home Premium

User Account = I did the instalation and running, open etc as Standard and Administrator user and both did not work, the message still persists.

The Serialno = Greenstreet Software Ltd. Professor Teaches Windows Vista Home Premium 1.02 Serial Number 9953 Created On 19/09/2007.

Bart, when I insert your CD now the autorun will offer only "Run Professor Teaches Vista Home Prem..."? on the top and on the bottom: Visit the GreenStreet software web site and below : Exit.

I bought VIsta, Word, Excell, PowerPoint, Accesss 2007 abouth 6 months ago at London, I already spoke last week on the phone to your distribuitor in the UK. It is clear that PTeaches and PAnswers are not linking!
Do you think that maybe these CDs are all to old for my hardawe and Software or are Broken ?
Sorry to ask you again, could you kindly help me urgently please as I got this weekend off to study.

Thanks,

A. Bunito

Bunito

Back to top Go down

Post  Bart Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:07 pm

Thanks. Based on you computer specs I've managed to replicate the problem.

It is a really random problem with the installation which means that on certain computer setups there is one value which isn't set correctly in the registry.

To fix the problem: (note if you are familiar with editing the registry you can do so directly... although usual safety warning apply)

Run Notepad (Windows Start -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Notepad)
Copy and paste the following into Notepad
Code:
Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Individual Software\Professor Teaches Windows Vista Home Premium]
"InstallPath"="C:\\Program Files\\Individual Software\\Windows Vista Home Premium"

(note if you installed the PT Vista... program in a different place from the default you will have to change the path in the last line)

Save this file as "ProfessorTeachesFix.reg" and set the "Save as type" to "All files(*.*)"

Close Notepad

Open up Windows explorer and double click on this file.

It will ask if you are sure you wish to continue to add this information to the registry. Click "Yes".

Hopefully you will now be able to run Professor Answers.

If so you can delete the "ProfessorTeachesFix.reg" file you created as that is not need any more.

Apologies for all the hassle.
Bart
Bart
GSO Employee
GSO Employee

Back to top Go down

Install Professor Teaches and Professor Answer Empty Professor Answers not working III

Post  Bunito Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:07 am

Thank you very much Bart,

The fixes you gave me to do indeed worked, thanks again.

ps: As I bought as well Word, Excell, PowerPoint, Accesss 2007 do I need to do it for each of them ? [b]if yes [/b]could you plase give me the path for each one... I understood the step methods on how to do each on afterwards.

Thank You
A.Bunito

Bunito

Back to top Go down

Post  Bart Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:13 am

Hopefully not, I tried to install Access 2007 on the same system I managed to replicate the problem and it worked fine.

If you do have problems just say back and I'll pop into the office and check what they should be.
Bart
Bart
GSO Employee
GSO Employee

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down