Greenstreet Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Upload file to web

2 posters

Go down

Upload file to web Empty Upload file to web

Post  mikethor Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:17 am

Hi

I am trying to upload a number of files (auction pages) from publisher 4

Of course when the file is uploaded to the web it is in a dtp format which means that visitors to the site if they download the file cannot open it as most do not have anything installed on thier pc that will open .dtp files. It will also not open natively within the browser.

Can you please let me know how I can publish the files to the web in a format that will allow visitors to open them (pdf would be best)

Thanks

mikethor

Back to top Go down

Upload file to web Empty Re: Upload file to web

Post  Bart Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:55 pm

There are various options depending on exactly which version of Publisher you have.

Most versions of Publisher have under the "File" menu the option to "Export to web" which will let you export document as a HTML website.

The Gold version of Publisher 4.0x and 4.2x includes a PDF exporter. If you don't have one of these versions you can download one of a number of a number of free PDF print drivers which let you "print" your document to a PDF file.

Standard disclaimer :- I'm not recommending any of these professionally, but various examples of free PDF print drivers you might want to look at:
PrimoPDF
doPDF
PDFCreator
BullZip PDF printer

For all of these, they will install a "Printer" which you can print your document to, and it will create a PDF file.
Bart
Bart
GSO Employee
GSO Employee

http://greenstreet-online.com

Back to top Go down