Greenstreet Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Printing in Draw 4.5

3 posters

Go down

Printing in Draw 4.5 Empty Printing in Draw 4.5

Post  Anna Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:07 pm

Using Draw4.5 and Windows 7 I can’t set print to produce more than one copy of a design (which I need for greetings cards sometimes), though I have no problems in producing multiple copies with Publisher 4.5. Previously with Draw 4 and XP the print command didn’t work properly, in that if for example I set it to print 5 it would only print 1 at first, but if I then set it for 1, the 5 previously set would print. This get-round doesn’t seem to work with Draw 4.5, so I have to print one copy at a time. Is there a solution?

Anna

Back to top Go down

Printing in Draw 4.5 Empty Printing Errors in Draw 4.5

Post  Petra Sun May 02, 2010 11:12 am

Sorry can't help as I have the same problem since upgrading from Draw 3 in XP printing on Hewlett Packard Laserjet 5100TN.

Petra

Back to top Go down

Post  Anna Sun May 02, 2010 7:04 pm

@ Petra

Thanks for the reply. I wonder if it is something to do with HP printer drivers working with Draw, as I have fairly recently changed to an HP printer (an Inkjet Photosmart Plus). It hadn't occurred to me that it was connected with the change of printer, as it doesn't happen with other programs, so I assumed it was just the upgrade to Draw 4.5. Perhaps someone else will offer an opinion.

Anna

Back to top Go down

Printing in Draw 4.5 Empty Re: Printing in Draw 4.5

Post  Bart Sun May 16, 2010 2:56 pm

It could be an issue with the HP drivers. I have come across issues before where a certain combinations of settings can stop the printer doing multiple copies. Publisher and Draw both use the same underlying printing engine, so my guess would be that the default printer settings that Draw is applying could be the combination of settings that the printer driver does not like.
Unfortunately my HP test printer doesn't have any issues (but it is using a different driver from the Laserjet 5100TN), but things which people seem to recommend are changing the collation setting and the printing graphics mode.
Bart
Bart
GSO Employee
GSO Employee

http://greenstreet-online.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Anna Tue May 18, 2010 6:05 am

Thank you for that. I'll investigate further with the HP driver, though it seems strange, as I can print multiple copies from Publisher.

Anna

Back to top Go down

Printing in Draw 4.5 Empty Re: Printing in Draw 4.5

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down