Greenstreet Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Publisher 5 - some support would be nice

2 posters

Go down

Publisher 5 - some support would be nice Empty Publisher 5 - some support would be nice

Post  marklockett Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:39 am

Hi

We are having problems with printing multiple copies of a document.

with the old publisher 4, it would send 1 copy of the page to print.

now it treats each print of the page as a seperate print job, so if you print 100 copies of a page, it sends it 100 times.

as a result printing multiple copies of a large document takes forever...

any suggestions?

thanks

Last edited by marklockett on Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:58 am; edited 1 time in total

marklockett

Back to top Go down

Publisher 5 - some support would be nice Empty A respnse would be nice.

Post  marklockett Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:58 am

is there any chance of getting some support from greenstreet?????

marklockett

Back to top Go down

Publisher 5 - some support would be nice Empty Re: Publisher 5 - some support would be nice

Post  Bart Wed Jan 27, 2010 8:54 am

Sorry for the delay in replying.

Whether Publisher sends 1 document and gets the printer to do "n" copies, or whether it sends n copies of the document depends on various print settings and also the printer itself.

- Only some printers support uncollation (i.e. n copies of page 1 followed by n copies of page 2, followed by...), so check if you have the "Collate" box ticked, unless you really want an uncollated printing.

- There are certain document types which don't allow the printer to do straight copies.

- If you are doing a mail-merge in you document then it will send each copy separately. We were looking at making Publisher a bit cleaver with this so it could work out if it was a simple mail merge where it could optimise if you were printing say 3 copies of the letter to Joe Bloggs.

- There are a few printers which don't support copies
Bart
Bart
GSO Employee
GSO Employee

http://greenstreet-online.com

Back to top Go down

Publisher 5 - some support would be nice Empty Re: Publisher 5 - some support would be nice

Post  marklockett Wed Jan 27, 2010 9:00 am

publisher 4 used to work fine. my printer is only a few months old. the only way i can now do a large number of copies is to turn the document into a pdf first then use adobe to print. otherwise it takes too long, today i had to print 2000 letterheads, it send 2000 pages, before it used to send only the one.

marklockett

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down