Greenstreet Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

SUDOKU ROYALE skins,clarifications ...

3 posters

Go down

SUDOKU ROYALE skins,clarifications ... Empty SUDOKU ROYALE skins,clarifications ...

Post  mdbeau Sat Jan 02, 2010 8:05 am

I got SUDOKU ROYALE in a packaged box called ROYALE 2-PACK (along with KAKURO ROYALE). The back of
the box states '' Su Doku Royale is loaded with over 10,000 hand-crafted puzzles. '' Are those skins or just a
different combination of numbers ? We clearly see behind the box sudoku being played with letters, symbols
and different backgrounds. In the sudoku game folder, I have the following files :
3 dll files (GDIPLUS,Grengine,PodXsr)
Purple and Gold Digits.scheme
628 kB SuDoku Royale file
7.36 MB SuDoku Royale.xsr
1 help file
2 icons
Sudoku.puzzle
and 1 Thumbs file .
There is nothing in the 'Game' and 'Options' tab to change symbols and backgrounds. help.

mdbeau

Back to top Go down

SUDOKU ROYALE skins,clarifications ... Empty Re: SUDOKU ROYALE skins,clarifications ...

Post  Bart Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:48 am

The 10,000 puzzles refers to the number of different starting arrangements of numbers (or character/shapes) which are available.

I don't have a copy of the game, so I can't be completely sure, but looking at the file listings it looks like you only have the option of one scheme (Purple and Gold Digits.scheme) which will give you a purple background with gold numbers. If you had more schemes then there would be an option under the "Game" menu to change the scheme.

My guess would be that the Royale version only included the one scheme by default, as you said it is the inexpensive version, although if the packaging does show more then I have no idea.
Bart
Bart
GSO Employee
GSO Employee

http://greenstreet-online.com

Back to top Go down

SUDOKU ROYALE skins,clarifications ... Empty same problem

Post  skaman251 Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:16 pm

I have the same problem. I bought the royale 2-pack from staples as a gift, looking for a funner way of playing sudoku for someone who has a basic sudoku. The packaging shows the letters and skins on sudoku, and a the possibilities for the boxes in kakuru, but none of these features are available. Sudoku is version 1.30. Kakuru does not say the version in the game, but the startup file is version 1.0.0.9 What should I do? I want the game on the box- the software is useless as is.

skaman251

Back to top Go down

SUDOKU ROYALE skins,clarifications ... Empty no responses?

Post  skaman251 Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:29 pm

I was hoping to get some kind of help or response from the company. I guess I will return the software and buy something from a different company.

skaman251

Back to top Go down

SUDOKU ROYALE skins,clarifications ... Empty Re: SUDOKU ROYALE skins,clarifications ...

Post  Bart Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:58 am

Sorry I can't help more, I've raised it with my former colleagues and they are looking into it.

If I get permission from them there is something I could put together, but my hands are a bit tied at the moment.
Bart
Bart
GSO Employee
GSO Employee

http://greenstreet-online.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down