Greenstreet Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Publisher Ultimate Web Export Crashes

2 posters

Go down

Publisher Ultimate Web Export Crashes Empty Publisher Ultimate Web Export Crashes

Post  BillC Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:36 am

I have created a Publisher file which saves and prints just fine. However, when I try Export Web Document the program begins a save then crashes. The message isn't really helpful, "Pkwmain has encountered a problem and needs to close." My PC has a 2.9 gig Celeron with 1.5 gigs of RAM. The OS is Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 3. I have made sure that nothing was running but the OS and AVG Anti-Virus but that makes no difference. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

BillC

Back to top Go down

Publisher Ultimate Web Export Crashes Empty Re: Publisher Ultimate Web Export Crashes

Post  Bart Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:18 am

I can't think of any problems which would cause Publisher to crash the web export so completely that it didn't give a sensible error message, so to try to narrow down the problem:
Is it only this document which it fails to export correctly or do other Publisher documents have the same issue?
How far does it seem to get through the document before failing?
Do you have full access to the folder which you are exporting the document to?
Bart
Bart
GSO Employee
GSO Employee

http://greenstreet-online.com

Back to top Go down

Publisher Ultimate Web Export Crashes Empty Re: Publisher Ultimate Web Export Crashes

Post  BillC Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:50 am

Bart wrote:I can't think of any problems which would cause Publisher to crash the web export so completely that it didn't give a sensible error message, so to try to narrow down the problem:
Is it only this document which it fails to export correctly or do other Publisher documents have the same issue?
How far does it seem to get through the document before failing?
Do you have full access to the folder which you are exporting the document to?

Hello Bart,

Thanks for the reply. I have made 3 separate documents. They all crash Publisher upon web export. I am able to access the the folder to which I am exporting. Nothing is saved at all, for that reason I can't estimate how much of the conversion completes prior to the crash. If you are asking if there are read/write restrictions on the folder the answer is no. I've tried exporting to different folders unsuccessfully. I have also tried the "repair" function to reinstall Publisher. When I clear the Windows error message, Publisher shuts down and disappears from the screen. If you require further information, please let me know. Thank you.

BillC

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down