Greenstreet Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Publisher 5 bugs

2 posters

Go down

Publisher 5 bugs Empty Publisher 5 bugs

Post  Pascal Tue Mar 30, 2010 12:42 pm

Hi folks,

How to report bugs to Publisher 5 dev team ?

1) It is not possible to define AGIPA 114016 laser stickers size. These stickers are 38mm wide and 19 mm height, but the sticker size is stupidly limited to 2,54 cm width and 2,11 cm height minimum. I cannot undestand why.

I tryed to redefine the sticker heigh in the registry, but it is reset to 2.11 mm ass soon as loaded.
I remember that problem was also present (and reported) with Publisher 4.x or even 3.x

2) If you open a folder containig a GIF image with the picture browser, Pressworks will immediately locks (but not all functions). If you select a gif file, the browser will close and pressworks willbe fully locked. You have to kill it from the task manager and lost any change made to your document.
More, as the picture browser memorize the last folder opened, pressworks will freeze again as soon as you try to open the picture browser. The only solution is to manually delete the Folder0 string in the registry path HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\GST\system\browser\RecentPaths

I remembers also that this problem was also present and reported on V4.x version.

It become URGENT that some developper think about it !

Pascal

Back to top Go down

Publisher 5 bugs Empty Re: Publisher 5 bugs

Post  Bart Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:21 pm

The sticker sizes sound like someone chose a rather arbitrary minimum size. It wasn't in the bug database when I left (not sure why) so I will talk to the developers to get it fixed.

GIF files should definitely work, I know they formed an extensive part of the test run. What type of GIF file are you trying to open? Would it be possible for you to post a sample image which is failing?
Bart
Bart
GSO Employee
GSO Employee

http://greenstreet-online.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Pascal Fri Apr 02, 2010 5:24 pm

Hi Bart,

Bart wrote:The sticker sizes sound like someone chose a rather arbitrary minimum size. It wasn't in the bug database when I left (not sure why) so I will talk to the developers to get it fixed.
Thank you very much ! It is very boring to design a sheet with 30 small frames perfectly aligned and filled !
GIF files should definitely work, I know they formed an extensive part of the test run. What type of GIF file are you trying to open? Would it be possible for you to post a sample image which is failing?

These are standard gifs done with Paint Shop Pro. No amnimation, not transparency. Please find below two images that cause Pressworks to freeze.
What I do :
- Launch Publisher 5, reduce its size from maximized to normal window (used to because of my wide screen),
- click on the "Image" icon to open the image browser
- navigate to the folder that contain a gif image
-> Now, you can navigate to any other folder but the display of the right panel of the image browser is locked to that folder content. The image is not displayed in the bottom left viewer.
- Click to the "cancel" button of the browser to close it, (or to the "open" button that is enabled if you selected the image)
-> Publisher is now freezed. One time I can close the new empty document, but cannot do any more, nor closing Publisher itself.
-> destroy Publisher with the task manager and restart.

https://i.servimg.com/u/f66/15/06/09/35/carte_10.gif
https://i.servimg.com/u/f66/15/06/09/35/papier10.gif

Thank you for the help. Let you ask me if you require any other info or checks.
Best regards,
Pascal
P.S. When I uploaded each image with the "Host an image" button, the upload windows remains present and masks most of the editor place ... and cannot be closed, (or I did not found how to)!!! I finally found that using the "preview" button redraw the forum without it. :-)

Pascal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down