Greenstreet Online
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

program will not install

2 posters

Go down

program will not install Empty program will not install

Post  Cynthialbb Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:00 am

I have just got a replacement copy from Amazon of the Art and Craft Desk Calendars CD, and it is doing exactly the same thing as the first copy. It will not install or run and trying to do it manually as set out in the booklet doesn't work either. I have Vista, I go into computer, right click on the drive, click on open, and I do not get any security prompts to navigate through to get an installation wizard to start. All I get is a list of 10 files, and I'm not about to spend at least 2 whole days as I did with the previous CD doing everything imaginable to try to get this CD to install and run. If I can't get some immediate help to get this CD to work, it is going back to Amazon for a refund this time. I am not impressed with a company who provides no support and cannot be contacted by phone or e-mail. I tried the phone number that was on the leaflet, and that had been disconnected.

Cynthialbb

Back to top Go down

program will not install Empty Re: program will not install

Post  Bart Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:24 pm

Sorry to hear about all the problems you are having.

The file which you will want to manually run is setup.exe on the root of the CD.

The installer should run automatically when you insert the CD into the drive if you have auto-run switched on. Otherwise if you go into Windows Explorer, navigate to the CD drive and double click on setup.exe should make it run.

The only two things I can think which might cause issues, but I doubt they are the cause,
a) Do you have the rights to install software on your computer (if you are running Vista you can set it so that limited users can not install anything
b) Windows will close the installer and the security prompt if you do no say "Continue" within a minute or so. So, make sure you stay with the computer until the install itself has started.
Bart
Bart
GSO Employee
GSO Employee

http://greenstreet-online.com

Back to top Go down